I wanted to bust out my first recipe for a competition that I am in this week, called the +Epicurious Elite Eat!
I won my first round yesterday, making these awesome nachos, which happens to be the second recipe on the blog!
If you haven't noticed before, pork tenderloin is almost custom made for sliders. How so? Well, they are
the perfect size and shape, have an almost infinitely variable flavor profile, and are just tender enough for a bite sized sandwich! Do I need to convince you any more? I think not. Bring on the loin of tenderness.
Bleu cheese deliciousness
1 T. vegetable oil
1 Pork Tenderloin brined for 4-8 hours
2 T. fresh thyme chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Fig and Marsala Jam
1 T. butter
1/2 sweet onion, small diced
6 oz dried figs, chopped.
1 c. marsala wine
1 t. kosher salt
Bleu Cheese Aioli
1/2 c. bleu cheese crumbles
1/2 c. mayo
1 t. roasted garlic, minced
1 t. cayenne pepper
8-10 slices of prosciutto
8-10 slider buns of your choosing
1. Heat the oil in a oven safe pan on medium. rinse and dry the pork, and sear it until golden brown on all sides. Heat the oven to 325 and once seared, sprinkle the thyme over the pork, and roast until it reaches 145 internal temperature.
2. For the fig jam, heat the butter on medium in a nonstick saucepan, then saute the onion until soft. Add the fig, and the wine, and heat on medium-low, mixing in the salt. Simmer until it becomes thick and soft, stirring occasionally. If it gets too thick, mix in a splash of water to rehydrate. Blend all ingredients warm in a blender or in a spice grinder to puree, set aside.
3. Blend all of the ingredients for the bleu cheese aioli together with a whisk. If a bit too thick, add a bit of half and half or cream to thin it out.
4. Once the pork is cooked, let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Toast each slice of bread with a bit of butter to make it perfectly delicious. Slice the pork into 8 to 10 pieces, and assemble the sliders, with aioli on each side, pork, fig jam on the pork, prosciutto, and topped with arugula.
5. Serve immediately with sweet potato chips or shoestring sweet potato fries, and enjoy!
A little piece of piggly heaven in a compact package.
All the goodies, just waiting for a date with all your taste buds.